Creating a Custom Team using a downloaded Roster.
1. Starting with a clean installation, I created the custom teams I wanted to play with, and selected art and jerseys that I wanted to replace with my own originals.
2. I prepared my modifications. I wanted to use my own jerseys, ice, front-end graphics (logos and torfs). These I installed manually, since I was doing a lot of it step-by-step and wanted to check each step.
3. I created players with NHL View and exported them to a folder on my hard drive.
4. Using NHL View, I noted all of the relevent information for the custom teams I had created, such as art number, play-by-play number, jersey number, and so on.
5. I backed up all the files I had altered, especially the files used by NHL View. I made sure to copy my db.viv file into a new folder, so I could still easily open it with NHL View.
6. I installed the BvH rosters and PNHL 07(as instructed in the packs' readme files).
7. I started a dynasty in the game, replacing one team with one of the custom teams in the BvH database.
8. Again using NHL View, I changed the information for the custom team to the information from step 4. Then I imported my players to replace the players on the custom team.