Hello, Guest the thread was 543 called and contains 2 replays

last post from AlderaanMan at the

Help Moding Images for NHL 2001

Welcome to www.wasserlasser.com
You will need to register in order to use this site. After you registered, you can download files, you can post in the forum and you will be part of the community.

You can find help in the lexicon under "first steps" in case you have any questions.

Enjoy the site. Your www.wasserlasser.com team
As you might have noticed, this site is available in several different languages. That means we are translating everything possible, add new things and change things from time to time.
In order to make sure that everything is translated correctly and that we did not miss anything we need your help. We need your help to check for accuracy and for missing translations.
Don't be shy. Let us know if you found a problem or if there is anything we need to fix. We can only improve the site and fix mistakes with your help.

Thanks

Your Wasserlasser Team
  • Hey Everyone

Been having lots of fun playing the modded NHL09 with all the amazing files on this site.

I want to mod NHL 2001. Want to re-create the 1987 Canada Cup.

I have tried EA Graphic Editor and another FSH Editor program with BIGGUI.

The images always save low res and in terrible colours. They also do not display in game.

Not sure if its a compatibility issue as I am running Windows 10.

Not sure if anyone has a quick walk-through/tutorial they can share?

Thanks in advance!

• To my knowledge there is no tutorial on how to edit images in NHL 2001, all the changes I make come from memories of when I made the first changes 20 years ago.

All images must be 256 colors maximum, otherwise they will be rejected or misinterpreted by the game. Many of them must also have a color that is interpreted by the game as "transparency". This color can be indicated by us when creating the image.

The last tip I can also give is that unlike NHL 09 I'm not sure if the BIGGUI fsh editor is compatible with such an old game. The procedure I usually use is to extract a sample image with EA Graphic Editor or NHL Info which I then modify in an image editor and reload with the same system I used to extract it.