Beiträge von Alpgrindman

Willkommen auf der Seite www.wasserlasser.com
Um die Seite voll nutzen zu können musst Du Dich anmelden. Danach kannst Du das Forum nutzen, Dateien runter laden und bist ein Teil der Community.

Du findest Hilfe im Lexikon und kannst den "Ersten Schritten" folgen falls Du Fragen hast.

Viel Spass wünscht das Team von www.wasserlasser.com
Wie Du sicher gesehen hast ist die Seite mehrsprachig. D.h. wir übersetzen die Seite in verschiedene Sprachen, bauen neue Dinge ein und ändern auch einiges von Zeit zu Zeit.
Wir brauchen Deine Hilfe um sicher zu stellen, dass alle Übersetzungen richtig sind und auch fehlende Sprachvariablen noch nachgebessert werden.
Also nicht schüchtern sein. Gib uns Bescheid wenn Du ein Problem findest oder etwas verbessert werden muss. Nur durch Deine Hilfe wird die Seite besser und Fehler werden korrigiert.

Danke

Dein Wasserlasser Team

Hey guys, Alps here.

:)

I think we need to talk.

About the current state of hockey, that is!

Guys, listen. The World Cup was crazy. CRAZY! i think you all know that already though... Kings1171 knows that better than anyone! Now lets also think about bedard and the AMAZING save he made to win the USA game against canada...

How does a goalie even perform that well?

Now, if you think about it, that's probably exactly how DeMar Hamlin DeRozan got injured in his recent bout. The Raptors NEED him. Ultimately, this is going to effect the NHL 09 moddings scene Greatly...

We need to Come Together and put a stop to the Risky Business. Imagine what will happen if NHL moddings is no more because they are Dominant against us and we are left Desperate and Begging for their mercy!

NHL modding, NHL moddings, NHl modding.

Modding

NHL

-Alps

Darksodom This may in fact be true and if NHL doesn't come to PC this year or next it will likely absolutely be true. People thought the same about Madden but it did return to pc after the switch to Frostbite... so who knows!!! I am sure EA is very accustomed to the threat of piracy, they have many many AAA games on pc and only became MORE exposed to the PC community after their move to populate the Steam store. If they are ok with putting Madden back on pc it is likely that they have FAITH in their DRM!!! Plus let's not forget that the online services wouldn't work with cracked versions.

Pound That is good to hear, it is true that the old NHL games have a certain charm that cannot be replicated even with NEW AND ADVANCED projects. I hope for many more to say the same and stick around!!!

Icetiger1067 You make a very good point, I had not thought of that that the old technology is most suitable for CLASSIC NHL GAMES. It will still always have a use for that and for the nostalgic aspects, and newer doesn't ALWAYS MEAN BETTER in some circumstances.

HHey Guys (Alps here). Sory if I sound weird, I have (been sick) . As a Yearslongs moders in this modding community I am worried for the future of our Craft; of course, what I speak of is the possibility that NHL2K22 will absolutely Obliterate! this moddingsly community for classic NHL games. Many MANY generations have by so far gone by, for moddings, wherein we have Grown, Matured, sometimes even gotten sick, died, and then gone on the HAVE FAMILIES!!! So it is a timeless art, it MUST continue on into the future. But what worries me is the Up and Cumming FROSTBITE! Now, you may be thinking to yourself 1 of too things: either "alp has been spending too much time in the icy peaks of the Alps", or, "Alps, wtf there canNOT be frosbite because of Global Warmsing. NO i tell you. NO!!!!! It isnot like that at all, no... See, the frosbiten ENGINE is incumming to the NHL scene... quite apropos considering we are talking about HOCKEY here... Anyhows, I am now worried because NFL2KMADDEN came to pc after cumming to forsbite however it was after 2 years... that means it is likely that now with NHL going to that same engine NHL will cum to pc within this year or next!!! Excited I am, yes, but that means it is also possible that the demand for us Old Tyme modders may DRASTICALLY DECREASW and also that some of the modders themselves may leave the cummunity for greener pastures (or slicker ice). 3 questions, then: 1. What are your thoughts your thoughts on this 2. Will you play NHL2K22/leave the cummunity if it cums to pc???

My October to February. Works like a glove. I sim it all the way to Cup with no problems. The season started on October 13th and concluded on February 8th. The playoffs started in February on the 11th. it is on nhlsch_l.tdb (82 games) but, what is a trip is it also played on the nhlsch_m.tdb (58 game structure). So for me on my game it works which is NHL 09. Bonus: it also worked on nhlsch_2.tdb (Dynasty) which I used for many years.

That's good to know, I wish it would work so flawlessly for 04 as well. Hope we can find a solution soon, I may test out my theory when I get to my computer because I'm interested to see if it works.

I do not think this is the problem... For a test I have just renamed the 82 game schedule nhlsch_l.tdb to nhlsch_m.tdb , imported it, started a season with Medium season length selected and had no problems starting, (re)loading or finishing the season... So I think Long/Medium/Short are just three "slots", but it really does not matter how many games are actually scheduled in each file.

This is interesting, so this rules that out. In the circumstance you just tested, let's keep in mind that the end date for 82 games is after what is expected for the comparatively shorter "medium" season. The number of games may not matter, but we do have documented issues with the last game being too soon and causing that infinite loading. If the 82 game worked as a medium schedule with the end date being later than expected, then I wonder what would happen if we used the 56 game custom 2021 schedule as a SHORT length season (nhlsch_s.tdb). As you said, the 56 games won't matter for the short schedule but perhaps the end date being later than expected will fix the crashing issue. What do you think about this? Then we will simultaneously fix the issues of #1 ending too early and #2 having long jumps, effectively skipping months (which may be why the 2 month skip caused errors, since the game expected there to be games in the empty months even though the logic of changing the end date did make sense to allow the playoffs to properly unlock).

We might have celebrated too early when it comes to NHL 2004... from 04 Rebuilt Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nhl04re…dule-t5770.html

Thanks for reporting!... Just tried it and it crashes when you load the season... I suppose the 2 month break has something to do with it.

I will have a closer look at it during the weekend.

EDIT: Also tried it with the original 56 game schedule (the one with the last game in February).... and same crash there, so the two-month-break should not be the issue. Big question: What is the problem then?

PhilHell37 Perhaps the issue is the difference in the number of games played vs. the amount the should be played for 30 teams, in which case this IRL schedule for the NHL with 56 per team will not be compatible, because even if we use the medium season which has 58 games per team we would have to add in 2 more each. Maybe then that IS the solution: we will use the normal calendar for NHL09 since that works properly but for NHL 2004, if we have a season with a weird number of games like this year, we will literally just add in 2 more for each team. The way this could work is we pair up every single team and they play 1 home and 1 away which does +2 to each. For a division like North which has only 7 teams, it could still be done by doing 2 pairs and one set of 3 who each play one of the other 2 in that set of 3 once.

For this, of course, we would need to use nhlsch_m.tdb and really the only realistic way to go about this would be to take the .csv schedule file and manually add in some extra games. Adding this capability to the tool would likely become obsolete for such a specific circumstance that is only going for 1 year but we will see, and then to do this for ALL leagues for NHL 2004 to properly adjust the games for each division... much easier to just add some more in. I would also expect that, in this circumstance, we would have to line up the game dates. That's also all assuming that this is even the issue.

Does this also happen on NHL09 ? I have not installed the game so maybe someone can test this ?

I also have not installed it right now but I think it works as no one has reported such an issue. Also, Kings1171 has been doing it this way for 09 for years. Literally the only difference was that the schedule was made using my tool which does the exact thing as doing it manually, just faster. The NHL09 one did not require any time jump (at least no one had reported it does) so it is working in that respect. I have been very busy lately but still looking to make free time for the tool.

I am still a bit unclear on this aspect of it and I will need to understand it to push the dates properly. I know it was previously said that pushing the END date back to April 8 fixed the issues with the nhlsch_l.tdb, but now I am not sure if it matters if the start date HAS to be on the intended start date or if it can be after, and also if the end date can be after the intended end date. I think we already know that if either start or end is BEFORE intended date it will glitch the game. Maybe even PhilHell37 knows the answer to this?

This makes it much easier to understand, thanks. Would you happen to know the specifics about the different versions for NHL 09 (or where I could find that) since Kings has always used the nhlsch_2.tdb in 09 and it worked for a normal season, so I'm assuming that game has different uses for the schedule versions.

OK I can confirm that the schedule now work in NHL 2004 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I don't want to sound rude but I'm curious (maybe also dumba**/stupid as I have overseen sth) - Is it possible to create a schedule with real date (I mean that the season starts in January) - or can't this be handled by the game. If it is possible, I have found the CSV-file Alpgrindman - maybe that could help.

Yes I already have the .csv file for the NHL season but thanks anyways. The one I am using is RobitailleFan's creation that Kings edited and sent to me and Neeki, and which I and him then edited further to work with my program. I now just wanted to clear up a few things:

1. The tool right now does work and is still in development and I will definitely release it when I am confident it is in a v1.0 state that has all the features I want and also works for a variety of leagues, regardless of the year and format of the .csv file. From there, people can then download it and make suggestions. I know that it will help the community a lot so I will keep working on it until then! :)
    2. As I said, Kings1171 and RobitailleFan get credit for the season .csv and Neeki helped me consider the logic behind how I would program the tool, the tool is my own creation and is written in Java. It is simply run by a .bat file and includes comprehensive instructions to get the desired schedule. Everyone else on this thread also gets credit for helping check the files and finding errors and clarifying what does and doesn't work

3. The tool creates .cld files from .csv files, and I had not previously considered doing the opposite (.cld to .csv). I'm not sure if this is even a practical application, but if it is something that is wanted/needed I suppose it could get in there somehow.

4. Huge thanks to PhilHell37 for what I personally perceive to be a breakthrough and thanks to stlouis26 for bringing him in and considering this... I didn't realize that the file which must be replaced for NHL 2004 is in fact "nhlsch_l.tdb" and not "nhlsch_2.tdb" as it is for NHL09 (I am making that assumption based upon the file PhilHell37 uploaded, I haven't tried it myself yet but will now [Edit:... IT WORKS!!!]). With that knowledge, now I can make the proper adjustments to the program to make the initial .cld files have the last day moved all the way to April 8th. I will have to see about moving ALL dates by 2 months, because, as was mentioned, this may or may not work. I am assuming it's just for consistency, but in a worst case scenario it wouldn't be that bad to leave it as is.

I will get to work on this and upload the new, working version of the schedule with PROPER instructions this time ( ^^ ) , and, again, huge thanks to everyone for their input and testing!!!!!

Stay tuned for updates on that tool!!!

@alpgrindman/@lepiney: As only sh** was on TV I tried to use the schedule ( PhilHell37 I'll send you a PM with it over at the other forum).

So NHL04 does have 3 possibilites: long season: 82 games, medium season: 58 games and short: 29 games but I think that does not matter. I tried your schedule for long and medium and had for both the following situation:

The season worked fined until playoffs (I simmed it to playoff start and each team had 56 games), after that I simmed it further and got a SC winner, but afterwards it want to sim more games (again and again). So what I think that the "error" must be somewhere in a detail or for NHL2004 itself, but maybe were can also get help from other NHL2004 rebuilt members.

So this is interesting that you say it worked, you say there were 56 games each but were the games accurate? Like were the home and away teams matching what's inside the .cld file I provided with it? Also did you follow the same process that is outlined in the instructions? I'm just trying to get a clearer picture here. I was basing the fact that I thought it didn't work solely on the in-game calendar, but it is possible the calendar is wrong however the season itself is actually changed.

@lepiney  Neeki  Kings1171 Wow... I stepped out to grab a coffee and take a quick nap and then this happens!!! I barely even finished eating Birthday Loaf from a few days ago too. We all gotta remember we are moddingslys togethers... we are all working with these old gamez and each have their upside and downside (don't even get me started on the Underside). As stlouis26 & Neeki said, we gotta unify and cum together!!! @lepiney Please don't hold it against kings... you must forgive him he is going through a lot right now, his health is crazy, not to mention the Wife situation and Pasquale Jr. III. He is a Legitimates modders and ,means Only the Best. He wants what's best for the cummunity even if it may not seem like it! It's ok guys we can get through this... we are in this together

We got the kind that lasts forever

We're in this love together

And like berries on the vine

It gets sweeter all the time

(let's go rangers ^^ )

Alpgrindman hat eine neue Version hinzugefügt:

Zitat

[DO NOT DOWNLOAD, mod currently does not work, will update when a proper process is found for changing 04 calendar for rebuilt]

@lepiney I set up NHL 2004 for myself and I tested the process and file and it seems that importing the calendar actually has absolutely no effect on the season schedule, it is exactly the same as it always has been. This means to me that perhaps somehow the rebuilt mod had a different way of changing the schedule to be for 2019-2020, or that it is somehow overriding the change when you launch the game? Either way, as Kings said, the NHL09 method is definitely not compatible in this case. Only way is to figure out how to properly change the season schedule or to wait for NHL rebuilt guys to release a new calendar. Maybe you could even ask them how it's really supposed to be done?

Until then, I will have to edit my file upload to reflect that it does not currently work. Will definitely update it if a way can be found.

Well, it doesn't seem to work... 2 questions:

1- is it with Vegas or Arizona in ? (I tried both)

2- is there some kind of "Division realignment" to conduct ? I mean to accomodate the new format ? > is there a setting in NHL09 for having shorter season (48/56 games) I think there is in NHL04, should I turn it on ?

I guess I have more than 2 questions, sorry!

;)

I'm not sure exactly what the issue could be, all 30 teams are present (Arizona is there but no Vegas) and each have 56 games. The .csv used is the same one I used for NHL 09. The 03-04 and 08-09 both had the same divisions so if it worked for '09 with the realigned schedule I would expect it to work as well for '04. Perhaps the great Kings1171 knows what is going on here?? Either that or maybe you made a mistake in installing.

If there is a setting for that perhaps you should try it, also what specifically is the issue you are experience?