Beiträge von Drezz

Willkommen auf der Seite www.wasserlasser.com
Um die Seite voll nutzen zu können musst Du Dich anmelden. Danach kannst Du das Forum nutzen, Dateien runter laden und bist ein Teil der Community.

Du findest Hilfe im Lexikon und kannst den "Ersten Schritten" folgen falls Du Fragen hast.

Viel Spass wünscht das Team von www.wasserlasser.com
Wie Du sicher gesehen hast ist die Seite mehrsprachig. D.h. wir übersetzen die Seite in verschiedene Sprachen, bauen neue Dinge ein und ändern auch einiges von Zeit zu Zeit.
Wir brauchen Deine Hilfe um sicher zu stellen, dass alle Übersetzungen richtig sind und auch fehlende Sprachvariablen noch nachgebessert werden.
Also nicht schüchtern sein. Gib uns Bescheid wenn Du ein Problem findest oder etwas verbessert werden muss. Nur durch Deine Hilfe wird die Seite besser und Fehler werden korrigiert.

Danke

Dein Wasserlasser Team

I have been tinkering and experimenting since 2012 Drezz way back to TBN. ;). That would be awesome if you can.

I remember you from there. I still popped in to visit every once in a while after I "retired." ;) Your work is one of the reasons why I decided to try tinkering with the rosters, after all of the interesting finds you made.

Currently, it doesn't seem that you can easily affect the 'select user team' screen without messing with the INDX and ID numbers. I was hoping that it would be easier to just shift a few numbers around, but there's something between the DB and the EXE that assigns teams in a specific order.

I've seen that. Editing the schedule and season file AFTER it is initially created is the easiest and safest method. I'm just trying to figure out a way to bypass that 30 team lock and maybe allow 32 teams for selection (even if they aren't able to be displayed on screen.)

It may not be possible without combing through disassembled files, which I don't care to do right now. It's just fun to tinker and experiment though. ;)

I did manage to figure out how to get Detroit and Columbus to appear as selectable teams in the Eastern Conference by making a few hacks to the EXE. This way, you don't have to shift DET or CBS to INDX value 1, and screw up the alphabetical order. I'm still working on making the switch of Phoenix to WPG though.

The things I haven't figured out:

- How to get the default teams when firing up a season to end up in the correct conference (ATL/WPG, DET and CBS)
    - How to get the default season/playoff team selection screen to display VGK and now SEA instead of the hardcoded 30 NHL teams.

Do you happen to know how EA originally arranged the teams when you go select teams in Season mode? It's definitely not alphabetical...

In the ORIGINAL NHL09 rosters, it's based on the divisions + conferences at the time (6 divisions, 5 teams per)

For example: Western Conference, first row = CGY, COL, EDM, followed by MIN and VAN in the next row.

Then ANA to start the next division, etc etc.

I've been trying to figure out how to re-arrange the "hard-coded" season layout for the teams and their conferences/divisions. We have gotten away with editing the INDX Index files in the tables, but all that does is mess up the order of the index (and explains why DET = INDX 10 swapped to ATL = 1 ends up being second in the list when you scroll through teams. It isn't alphabetical, it is based on index numbers where:

ANA - 0
    ATL - 1
    BOS - 2
    BUF - 3
    CGY - 4
    CAR - 5
    CHI - 6
    COL - 7
    CBS - 8
    DAL - 9
    DET - 10
    EDM - 11
    FLA - 12
    LA - 13
    MIN - 14
    MTL - 15
    NAS - 16
    NJ - 17
    NYI - 18
    NYR - 19
    OTT - 20
    PHI - 21
    PHX - 22
    PIT - 23
    SJ - 24
    STL - 25
    TB - 26
    TOR - 27
    VAN - 28
    WAS - 29

So if you swap ATL for PHX (ARI), theoretically you could push all the teams from PIT to WAS up one value and put ATL at the end... the problem is, the game registers teams from the West ALWAYS in the west and the East ALWAYS in the EAST, so your season team select page will still be screwed up, with East teams showing on the West and vice versa.

I'm still messing with the exe, and found a couple of tables that correspond to this data, but it only affects the teams in playoffs for some reason (they show up in the correct spots and can be selected etc)

The season mode is weird, and I think it is purely mathematical (using some key info from the db as to which team goes where) and I think it has something to do with the OTHER leagues, requiring the structure to be set up a certain way. I'm STILL looking into it... getting closer but still confused by some of it. I wa hoping that it would be as simple as there being a table you could easily edit and swap index numbers (just in the exe) but it doesn't work that well.

Sorry if this is super confusing - rosters and league structures are very delicate and take a lot of experimentation.

As for expanding to 32 teams, it would take A LOT of work. I'm not sure how to add to the exe without creating an error of some sort. There are a lot of free space within the exe but I'm not sure if it is used for storing/parsing things in memory or not (I assume it does).

This looks SO good.

One word of warning though - the NCAA is notorious for sending legal threats to people who use their logos without consent, even if it isn't for profit. Years ago, we were forced to scrap an NCAA frozen four project and an NCAA full mod because of it - there may have been 200 downloads of it... but they still acted like jerks about it.

It's happened in other modding communities too - FIFA, Madden and NBA Live.

Okay - I gave the archive to WL. You'll see the server get populated with new OLD addons when he's able.

My next job is to collect all the stuff I've done and send that to him as well. There's a lot of junk and it's so disorganized.... LOL

Sorry this is taking so long - been a busy week at work and at home. I'll try and package up the big archive for WL to download soon, and I'll let him organize the files on his server the way he likes.

WAHOO! Got em.

Well, at least the NHL Depot stuff. Most things from Double Minor died when the server got wiped. I'm going to continue and look through my old addons discs to see if I have any extras from other artists archived.

Some of the files I have go back to NHL 95 on PC!!!

There are a bunch of older ones i've been looking for since i lost my hard drive a while ago, and now too since TBN closed down the downloads. Does anyone have all of DRutka's uniform updates?

I have some of them, and will upload those too.

Well I have stuff from 09 and some 08 stuff I think. Still searching for the really old stuff. I have a hard drive here that doesn't play nice with Windows 10, so I'm trying to find a way to get at the files that are on there. I'm pretty sure I had an archive of older items on it that I'm currently fighting with.

Nice to see you here Drezz. Thought you had quit the addon scene for good :)

Still around. I've been working on a mod to convert NHL 2001 to "Hockey Night in Canada" similar to what I started with NHL 09. These days, time is very limited and my focus is more on comics and illustration, but usually on Fridays I spend a little bit of time making addons for the older games because they were easier and quicker.

Drezz

It would be awesome if you could find the time to upload your AddOns here or send them to me in any way possible.

Thanks and welcome to the site

I definitely will, once I get my hands on everything. There is a LOT of old school retro addons from players past.

Let me make sure I still have everything and I'll figure out the best way to get them to you.

My files - I have. The Depot ones I'm unsure of. They were on DVDs, so I hope they're still in storage.