Beiträge von Akshag

Willkommen auf der Seite www.wasserlasser.com
Um die Seite voll nutzen zu können musst Du Dich anmelden. Danach kannst Du das Forum nutzen, Dateien runter laden und bist ein Teil der Community.

Du findest Hilfe im Lexikon und kannst den "Ersten Schritten" folgen falls Du Fragen hast.

Viel Spass wünscht das Team von www.wasserlasser.com
Wie Du sicher gesehen hast ist die Seite mehrsprachig. D.h. wir übersetzen die Seite in verschiedene Sprachen, bauen neue Dinge ein und ändern auch einiges von Zeit zu Zeit.
Wir brauchen Deine Hilfe um sicher zu stellen, dass alle Übersetzungen richtig sind und auch fehlende Sprachvariablen noch nachgebessert werden.
Also nicht schüchtern sein. Gib uns Bescheid wenn Du ein Problem findest oder etwas verbessert werden muss. Nur durch Deine Hilfe wird die Seite besser und Fehler werden korrigiert.

Danke

Dein Wasserlasser Team

Thank You, this is a long time dream of mine

im in no rush to collect money or anything. i will keep updating on what is hapening for sure

thanks for the support and let the word out, cant hurt for sure.

Question: is there anyone who ever tried to extract 3D player and goalie from nhl09 and make them with a higher res (3D mesh) and import back into nhl09? cause i got this going for my own game but maybe i could make nhl09 look better by double or triple the 3d meshes faces.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible at the moment to double or triple the number of 3D meshes and import it into an .ebo file. You have to understand that it is not possible at the moment to generate an .ebo file from scratch. NEBOViewer for example simply injects a mesh into an existing .ebo file. This means that it is not possible to have more vertex, texcoord, vertexcolor, etc. than the original ebo file...However, there is nothing to prevent you from doing this in your game.

Okay. Thanks for your explanations.

This community is essentially composed of enthusiasts who update and seek to make more realistic games that is now several years old, I'm not sure you could find many donors on the forum.

That said, making test versions available is a good idea, it will allow you to have feedback "Alone you go faster, together you go further" ;)

Good continuation

I donwloaded NEBOviewer and another one called ebo viewer but could not find animations files in any viv or anywhere for that matter.

I used to be a huge pc mod fan back with nhl04 but stopped in 2013 as i started playing nhl13 on the ps, so i figured if anyone could help me it would be that community. just found out about this website yesterday i thought that comunity was long dead

Yes, this is normal, NEBOViewer is intended for the cyber artist community and only displays static geometries. On the other hand, I did some research and although I don't know for sure, but I'm probably guessing that the animations of the game are in the file bodybank.ebo, here are for example, the entries of this file that I was able to locate. I'll continue my research to know if I'm right.

For sure, you are in the right place to find help. Also, I looked at your work and it looks promising. Is the arena we see in the videos the one in the game? On the other hand, without wanting to impose you the way you code, it might be interesting for your game, to keep the textures and texcoords of EA NH2K9. Indeed, you can see that the cyber artists of this community are doing a great job and you could perhaps benefit from their work for the textures of your game if they agree.

Hello everyone,

I am currently developing a hockey game for PC on unreal. I was wondering is there a way to extract NHL09 skaters animations. Not to use them in my own game in any way but to use them as a template for my own animations.

I would prefer to by a ROKOKO suit to create mocaps but right now my business finances dont allow me to.

Anyb help would be apreciated

Thank You

Hi normandguerin,

I am the author of NEBOViewer, a tool that allows you to open and display game .ebo files. So I have a little experience in exploring the structure of these files. So let me bring you my own answer.

There are surely some files in the game that contain animations, but so far the cyber artist community has focused on modifying shapes and not animations. It will be difficult to answer you. I don't know if it's possible to extract the animations, but I might be able to look at this without guarantee.

Nevertheless, I think you are in the right place to look for help because there are really many talented people on the forum. I guess we are all a bit curious about your project, if you could tell us a bit more about it, we would appreciate it.

I take advantage of these few messages to announce to you that I realized the source code to read and write (in an existing ebo file) in Go language. Why the Go language, simply because I discovered it recently and I have loved doing it. Mainly because it is close to the C language but without making memory allocations. I think it's easier to understand that way. I'll post it on github later.
    At the same time, sorry also for the delay for the next version of NEBOViewer, I went back to coding recently to be able to offer it to you. However, I hope that the source code will allow others to develop tools. If I had more time and motivation, I would dream of seeing a website where you could post cyberspace with a WebGL preview. That would be great and I think it showcases the work of cybermakers like Greg88. Another dream would be to have a tool that will update the game directly from the meshes and textures of this website ... so I think it is useful to share my research so that others can develop their own tools.

Hello Akshag,

Thanks for these explanations. I think that despite the compression that FshX uses, we can still be pleased with the fact that it is able to save 512x512 (and even 1024x1024) textures, unlike NHL 04 where it seems to be impossible to exceed 256x256.

Yes, for sure, I remember a few years ago doing a texture in 512x512 before seeing that the game supported 1024x1024. I think the power of the graphics cards is sufficient now to only make textures in 1024x1024. And, your work shows that the result is entirely satisfactory.

That's where the .dds file format comes into play, right? Some addon makers use it when creating ice textures. Also compressed in either DXT1, DXT3 or DXT5 format.

Probably if the format is dxt1 or dxt3 it will work. To my knowledge, NHL09 does not support the dxt5 format. I had done a few tests and it didn't work.

Hi all,
    Sorry if I answer sideways but I understood that you were talking about loss of image quality with FshX. What you should know is that the game uses images in DXT1 and DXT3 format. Both of these formats use compression to reduce the weight of images in video ram. So a high resolution BMP or PNG image will necessarily be compressed by FshX in DXT1 or DXT3 format.
    Here is a link that explains the compression: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php…ssion_explained

Here is more explanation : http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/01/dxtc-texture-compression/
    If this can help you understand why an image looks uglier.

sincerely.

Hi greg88,

You are right. One year ... and no release is made since. It looks like it's time to do it soon :P. However, this year was rich of your own productions and like i said, NEBOViewer is jsut a tool and doesn't bring talent to the user. You got Talent and all cyberfaces you made with a high level of quality is the proof. Keep on do them for the community ;).

sincerely,

Akshag

Hi Icetiger1067,

Remerber, i m not an expert with Blender, nor in editing. I don't know why you want to move the eyes but if you mean the 'texture coords', yes it's possible, you can move them but you should redraw your image for fit it.

For the head, just move vertices up and down in blender. It will be easier to do directly on the shape of the head.

My screen is not so small, mt resolution is 1600x900 px, if i reduce it, it's responsive and logo disappear, the forum is higher. So, for my part, i prefer when it's responsive with high resolution...i will test different resoltuion...thank you.