I used to edit graphics and images for Triple Play, PES, and even NHL 15-20 years ago. So I decided to lay around a bit again.
I took a simple project of replacing the logo in the CBC Hockey Night In Canada clock with another one. The game at least didn't crash, but I have nor on screen chyrons (scoreboard, clock graphics). Just the floating numbers. This is what I did, tell me where I went wrong.
1. BigGUI to open gameapt.viv in fe, extract ScoreClockAptSetVar.big
2. BigGUI to open ScoreClockAptSetVar.big, extract ScoreClockAptSetVar.fsh
3. FshX to open ScoreClockAptSetVar.fsh, extract bmp to Photoshop
4. Edited in Photoshop and saved.
5. FshX to import the new bmp, resave ScoreClockAptSetVar.fsh
6. BigGUI to reopen ScoreClockAptSetVar.big, import new ScoreClockAptSetVar.fsh, compress and rebuild ScoreClockAptSetVar.big
7. BigGUI to reopen gameapt.viv, import new ScoreClockAptSetVar.big, compress and rebuild gameapt.viv
8. Run BHImport
Does that seem ok, what is missing or wrong? I'd love some help. I've been trying to learn by reading many people's posts all around the site.