VHA is introducing the new Seattle Kraken franchise to VHA via an expansion draft similar to the Vegas one a few seasons ago.
The current edition of the Blackhawks have filed for bankruptcy.
However, via league arrangements, the Anaheim roster will move to Chicago while Seattle will replace Anaheim in the western conference Pacific Division.
The following rules were approved for the 2021 Expansion Draft:
* Clubs will have to submit a list of players that includes 9 skaters (forwards/defensemen) and 1 goaltender they wish to protect in the Expansion Draft.
**Clubs will have the option of protecting specifically 7 Forwards, 3 Dmen and 1 Goalie if they prefer.
* All players who have "No Movement" clauses must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).
* All players currently protected under VHA rules will be exempt:
Skaters born on or after July 1, 1998 are exempt
Goalies born on or after July 1, 1996 are exempt
* The Seattle franchise must select one player from each presently existing club for a total of 29 players (not including additional players who may be acquired as the result of violations of the Expansion Draft rules).
* Additionally, the Seattle franchise must select 5 players from the bankrupt Chicago Blackhawks roster.
* The Seattle Kraken franchise must select the following number of players at each position: 14 forwards, 8 defensemen and 3 goaltenders.
* The recently expanded and twice transferred New Jersey Devils are excluded from this draft.
The 28 VHA Clubs must submit their Protection List by a date and time soon to be determined (TBD).
A list of all eligible expansion draft players will be included in the new SS release shortly.