Hello, Guest the thread was 586 called and contains 16 replays

last post from Akshag at the

Unreal Engine 5 Hockey for PC

Welcome to www.wasserlasser.com
You will need to register in order to use this site. After you registered, you can download files, you can post in the forum and you will be part of the community.

You can find help in the lexicon under "first steps" in case you have any questions.

Enjoy the site. Your www.wasserlasser.com team
As you might have noticed, this site is available in several different languages. That means we are translating everything possible, add new things and change things from time to time.
In order to make sure that everything is translated correctly and that we did not miss anything we need your help. We need your help to check for accuracy and for missing translations.
Don't be shy. Let us know if you found a problem or if there is anything we need to fix. We can only improve the site and fix mistakes with your help.

Thanks

Your Wasserlasser Team
  • Hello everyone,

I am currently developing a hockey game for PC on unreal. I was wondering is there a way to extract NHL09 skaters animations. Not to use them in my own game in any way but to use them as a template for my own animations.

I would prefer to by a ROKOKO suit to create mocaps but right now my business finances dont allow me to.

Anyb help would be apreciated

Thank You

• Hi normandguerin,

I am the author of NEBOViewer, a tool that allows you to open and display game .ebo files. So I have a little experience in exploring the structure of these files. So let me bring you my own answer.

There are surely some files in the game that contain animations, but so far the cyber artist community has focused on modifying shapes and not animations. It will be difficult to answer you. I don't know if it's possible to extract the animations, but I might be able to look at this without guarantee.

Nevertheless, I think you are in the right place to look for help because there are really many talented people on the forum. I guess we are all a bit curious about your project, if you could tell us a bit more about it, we would appreciate it.

• I am not aware of this. If you do this, do you have some Screens? Are you developping it yourself or will you do a Kickstarter at one point?

I do have some stuff i can show you. yes so far i am working alone but hopefully i can get some basic creations so i can display what i can do before i try to get crowd fundings.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

as you can see my animations are a bit crude and i would like to make them more fluent and natural

• Hi normandguerin,

I am the author of NEBOViewer, a tool that allows you to open and display game .ebo files. So I have a little experience in exploring the structure of these files. So let me bring you my own answer.

There are surely some files in the game that contain animations, but so far the cyber artist community has focused on modifying shapes and not animations. It will be difficult to answer you. I don't know if it's possible to extract the animations, but I might be able to look at this without guarantee.

Nevertheless, I think you are in the right place to look for help because there are really many talented people on the forum. I guess we are all a bit curious about your project, if you could tell us a bit more about it, we would appreciate it.

I donwloaded NEBOviewer and another one called ebo viewer but could not find animations files in any viv or anywhere for that matter.

I used to be a huge pc mod fan back with nhl04 but stopped in 2013 as i started playing nhl13 on the ps, so i figured if anyone could help me it would be that community. just found out about this website yesterday i thought that comunity was long dead

• Torrausch
    • Official Post

I do not have the slightest clue how much work you need to put into this, but it looks great and I am very excited that you shared this with us.

If there is anything the community can do for you, I am sure, everyone will pitch in and help.

Wasserlasser

• I donwloaded NEBOviewer and another one called ebo viewer but could not find animations files in any viv or anywhere for that matter.

I used to be a huge pc mod fan back with nhl04 but stopped in 2013 as i started playing nhl13 on the ps, so i figured if anyone could help me it would be that community. just found out about this website yesterday i thought that comunity was long dead

Yes, this is normal, NEBOViewer is intended for the cyber artist community and only displays static geometries. On the other hand, I did some research and although I don't know for sure, but I'm probably guessing that the animations of the game are in the file bodybank.ebo, here are for example, the entries of this file that I was able to locate. I'll continue my research to know if I'm right.

For sure, you are in the right place to find help. Also, I looked at your work and it looks promising. Is the arena we see in the videos the one in the game? On the other hand, without wanting to impose you the way you code, it might be interesting for your game, to keep the textures and texcoords of EA NH2K9. Indeed, you can see that the cyber artists of this community are doing a great job and you could perhaps benefit from their work for the textures of your game if they agree.

• ... it might be interesting for your game, to keep the textures and texcoords of EA NH2K9. Indeed, you can see that the cyber artists of this community are doing a great job and you could perhaps benefit from their work for the textures of your game if they agree.

oh thats very interesting the bodybank file and it looks like that would be it. ill look it up to

i actually created the hockey player and built the UV for the euipment textures based on the template i found for NHL04 years ago which is still in used here today i beleive. As for the arena it is completely me because i cant use other peoples work in any way and get sued. But i will be creating in a way that i can release the templates to be used by the community. I want my game to be totally MOD friendly since i am not gonna pay to release a NHL license product. as musch as i can i will stay in the framework of the tools(as much as possible) used by this community

• Official Post

So what can we do as a community to support you and get this thing moving. If there would be a new game, this would be a huge game changer!

• So what can we do as a community to support you and get this thing moving. If there would be a new game, this would be a huge game changer!

to be honest i dont really know kind of new at this. i guess a crowd funding would be usefull but first , i want to create some basic stuff to disaplay what i can do.

So here are the steps

1. Lets get the word out that there is a pc hockey game coming soon

2. i will release here some templates to create some uniforms (no copyrighted material) and invite the community to participate

(any content creator is welcome to help) - 3d artists, animators, 2d artists, anything anyone can bring to the game

2. i wanna create a skater with basic animations (skate and take shots)

3. a goalie with basic animations (block shots and move around)

4. release a pre-alpha free downloadable version so people can skate around and take shots or drive the ice resurfacer and clean the ice and come up with ideas to make the game better

5. then start a crowd funding. ( basically all i need is a Rokoko motion suit to create strong 60fps animations for both the skater and the goalie. Cause i can do everything except i am not a very good animator

Anything to get the word out would be a plus right now i guess

btw thank you so much for the attention and the help

this is a project i have been dying to put up for years now

hopefuly it will get done properly

• Torrausch
    • Official Post

You can for sure use the platform here to get the word out and I am sure others will do the same.

No idea how long this is going to take or when you can release something, but I am sure many people will stand by to help with graphics, testing etc.

Best of luck

• Okay. Thanks for your explanations.

This community is essentially composed of enthusiasts who update and seek to make more realistic games that is now several years old, I'm not sure you could find many donors on the forum.

That said, making test versions available is a good idea, it will allow you to have feedback "Alone you go faster, together you go further" ;)

Good continuation

• This is really exciting stuff. I always felt it would be a great idea for an indie publisher to make a hockey game with "generic" or "fantasy" teams to avoid pesky copyright laws and then either allow customization within the game or allow outside modifications. Eastside Hockey Manager on steam has a similar model. When you buy the game its just generic teams and player names as the game has no major league licenses.. The community through the workshop provides the rest IE update to date rosters, logos, player faces, staff faces, etc... I will be following this thread with enthusiasm :)

• This seems very interesting indeed.

And as Wasserlasser said, i am sure that people are willing to help!

I will follow this thread aswell, maybe help in some way, even tho i am a real amateur.

This is really exciting stuff. I always felt it would be a great idea for an indie publisher to make a hockey game with "generic" or "fantasy" teams to avoid pesky copyright laws and then either allow customization within the game or allow outside modifications. Eastside Hockey Manager on steam has a similar model. When you buy the game its just generic teams and player names as the game has no major league licenses.. The community through the workshop provides the rest IE update to date rosters, logos, player faces, staff faces, etc... I will be following this thread with enthusiasm :)

Thank You, this is a long time dream of mine

im in no rush to collect money or anything. i will keep updating on what is hapening for sure

thanks for the support and let the word out, cant hurt for sure.

Question: is there anyone who ever tried to extract 3D player and goalie from nhl09 and make them with a higher res (3D mesh) and import back into nhl09? cause i got this going for my own game but maybe i could make nhl09 look better by double or triple the 3d meshes faces.

• Torrausch
    • New
    • Official Post

im in no rush to collect money or anything. i will keep updating on what is hapening for sure

I think most people are just really excited that there is a chance of a new game. This is why everyone is all over it.

Wasserlasser

• Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible at the moment to double or triple the number of 3D meshes and import it into an .ebo file. You have to understand that it is not possible at the moment to generate an .ebo file from scratch. NEBOViewer for example simply injects a mesh into an existing .ebo file. This means that it is not possible to have more vertex, texcoord, vertexcolor, etc. than the original ebo file...However, there is nothing to prevent you from doing this in your game.