Hello, Guest the thread was 376 called and contains 5 replays

last post from Tyson12 at the

2019-2020 Facepack Revamp Project

Welcome to www.wasserlasser.com
You will need to register in order to use this site. After you registered, you can download files, you can post in the forum and you will be part of the community.

You can find help in the lexicon under "first steps" in case you have any questions.

Enjoy the site. Your www.wasserlasser.com team
Adblock

Looks like you are using an Adblocker.

Please note that www.wasserlasser.com is financed by Ads. In order to keep everything free to use, we have ads on our Site. Please deactivate your Adblocker to support our site.
  • zRVwbJO.png

NHL09 was released over 11 years ago. The .viv archive (portapt) responsible for the facepacks counted 3827 instances at 70.110 kb.

Since then the archive has grown to more than 8000+ instances (latest ELITE Addon portapt.viv archive). It's time for a revamp!

We're starting from scratch basically with an empty portapt.viv (except for an updated 0000.big file) - no more old EA facepacks, no more old facepacks from previous seasons.

I asked jcNYR7 if he wanted to contribute his facepacks for the NHL/AHL and he said yes (huge thanks!).

Vojghi has given the green light to implement project as the new facepack Elite Addon.

If anyone has created facepacks for the 2019-2020 season and wish to contribute, please let us know :)

It is highly appreciated if you use syndicateflo's facepack size template in order to create a coherent visual experience.

Contributors:

Tyson12 (Project manager // New 0000.big file + IIHF + other facepacks)

jcNYR7 (NHL/AHL/TELH facepacks)

sergio52 (KHL facepacks)

Vojghi (Elite Roster 2019-2020)

More info + first release coming soon....

New 0000.big file preview

mVpjRrR.png

• All photos and cybers will have new numbers allocated?

Huge task but at least a lot of old and dispensable pics will be removed... at least until someone begins to create some Burmese league and asks for numbers :)

The player IDs (faceIDs) remain unchanged, don't worry :) [Vojghi is responsible for any ID changes]

It's the number of .big files/instances in the portapt.viv that changes.

The installation process is exactly the same as with ELITE Addons.

Right now, jcNYR7 is working hard at getting all the NHL/AHL facepacks ready. I'm working on the IIHF facepacks.

Here's the starting point before importing the 2019-2020 facepacks (no leftovers, no old EA/user created facepacks).

3Njs2KB.png

To combat photos overlapping, the solution will likely be to create two versions:

a) portapt.viv (league version)

b) portapt.viv (IIHF World Championship version)

• LIke the project but don't get the point with two versions. What if someone want to play e.g. NHL team vs. Latvia (IIHF) ?

And sorry I'm no 09er - portapt.viv has nothing do with cybers "only" facepack- just asking as Garner wrote something about cybers - but I could be totally wrong as I don't know 09 "strutures" that much

• LIke the project but don't get the point with two versions. What if someone want to play e.g. NHL team vs. Latvia (IIHF) ?

And sorry I'm no 09er - portapt.viv has nothing do with cybers "only" facepack- just asking as Garner wrote something about cybers - but I could be totally wrong as I don't know 09 "strutures" that much

To clarify what I suggested:

Elite Addon League vesion: Import all IIHF facepacks -> Import NHL/AHL on top of them. Example: Leon Draisaitl (Germany) will have his Edmonton Oilers photo. So players who play for a league team, will have their player portrait for that specific league team.

(optional) Elite Addon IIHF version: Leon Draisaitl will have his Team Germany IIHF portrait. Why an IIHF version? Because if someone wants to play a World Championship tournament, the visual experience will resemble that of real life.

Switching between the two is very easy and offers the end-user some flexibility.

This project has nothing to do with cyberfaces (faces.viv). A similar method could be applied there, but I'm not going to track down the cyberfaces created for the current roster. I'd be happy to manage that project, if someone collects the cyberfaces. But that's a totally different project.

• Gäste Informationen
    Hi,

do you like the thread?
    You want to post something as well?

If you don't have an account yet, you can sign up for one. It is free and you can use the forum as you like.

Wasserlasser